Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Website Evaluation

I evaluated 
The Internet's #1 Education Site for K-8 Kids and Teachers

I chose this site because the children I nanny for are always looking for new games to play online. They actually like to play educational games so this was a great opportunity to check out a new site for them! My high school offered computer courses so I had heard of website reliability before. I had even evaluated a site before but not this in depth. In high school, we just looks to see if we thought it was credible. I'm not even sure what criteria our evaluations were based off of. I felt much more confident in my findings using the form of checks you the packet provided! I knew exactly what to look for, if it was there or not, and then could make further comments on how I felt about each criteria. This form also helped me look closer at the site and really make decisions on how to use the site in a classroom. Typically, I would have just taken the site for face value and suggested it to grades K-8 like the slogan suggests. However, upon closer inspection, I found the site a bit elementary and would probably not suggest it for middle or high school.



No comments:

Post a Comment