a cool new site to create timelines
timetoast.com allows you to create simple timelines for free! They have pre-made timelines or you can use the simple tool to create your own with pictures, dates, and links to other websites.
right of the bat, there are a few ways I can see this being used in the classroom
SCIENCE: make a timeline to track an experiment! An easy one we can do in kindergarten would be tracking mold. We would begin by putting a piece of fresh bed in a bag and taking a picture to add to our timeline. We could take a picture every Friday and track how much mold is grown!
READING: duh! This is a great tool to use in early grades when tracking story lines. As I read with the class, we could create a timeline together to show how the story progresses. Maybe we could use page numbers instead of dates! This would be an easy way to involve the class and engage them throughout the story.
HISTORY: again, duh! Make a timeline of events! Timelines are great visuals to show how an event progressed and timetoast allows you to add pictures which is great! You could even make the history timeline personal to your own class by tracking major events in the classroom. For example: 100 day of school, everyone says alphabet, field day, birthdays, holidays, etc.
I created a timetoast that showed my journey in college but then I saw this Olympic timeline which is way cooler!
No comments:
Post a Comment